Stepping up to the plate to support Ukraine.
On March 4th Bilton Welding and Manufacturing Ltd. made a $5,000 donation to the Canada-Ukraine Foundation, an organization that has partnered with the Ukrainian Canadian Congress (UCC) to establish the Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.
Behind the scenes’ one of our very own Project Manager’s, Yan Omelyanchuk originally from Ukraine, has been passionate with supporting in any way he can. With family he attended rallies in Red Deer AB, assisted with Ukrainian businesses from Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer collecting supplies and donations as well as connected with other Ukraine- Canadian’s on ideas where or what we can do to support Ukraine.
Yan, organized the campaign for humanitarian relief in Ukraine and has been moved by the amount of support shown by Bilton co-workers. There was a total of $850.00 raised in cash donations and the remaining $4150.00 was made online that contributed to the March 4th donation.
Donations went towards covering the freight for the first shipment from to transport supplies to Ukraine for those in need.
Yan was interviewed by a Central Alberta newspaper “The Albertan” and there are lot of great points made in the article that help you think about the current state of Ukraine. https://www.mountainviewtoday.ca/innisfail-news/for-the-love-and-honour-of-ukraine-innisfail-steps-up-support-5133126
Bilton is continuing to hope for peace and safety for Ukrainians and support where we can.
If your are looking for a way to help, there is the option to donate online:
• Canada-Ukraine Foundation at www.cufoundation.ca
There are also many other organizations set up for humanitarian relief for Ukraine:
• UNICEF Canada at www.secure.unicef.ca
• Doctors Without Borders/MSF Canada at https://action.msf.ca/site
• Canadian Red Cross at https://donate.redcross.ca
• Plan International at https://plancanada.ca
• Save the Children Canada at https://donate.savethechildren.ca
• World Vision Canada at www.wvi.org
• Samaritan’s Purse Canada at www.samaritanspurse.ca/ukraine-response
• Veterinarians Without Borders (for pets and animals) at www.vetswithoutborders.ca